Sunday, October 19, 2008

Invitations...

This weekend I've spent some more time in my scraproom.. YAY!!! And you know what I've done?? Well, I've created 11 invitations for my niece's 1st birthday next month. My sister didn't have an idea what kind of invitations she wanted to send out.. soooo.. while blog-surfing a little while ago I found an amazing idea on Jennifer McGuire her blog!!! It looks kinda simple... but it's so much fun to create!!!!!

I started by ordering this little collage 15x15cm (almost 6"x6") which I've created in Adobe Photoshop Elements. I've used 1 picture per month so people can see the changes of my little niece.


I created a little 'window' in the collage by cutting 3 sides of the middle picture, to be able to flip the window open... I added a little poem behind the window (printed on white paper)...


Then I adhered the collage to a piece of 17x17cm (almost 6,7"x6,7") to create the little white border around the collage.


I ended by adding a chipboard '1' (I wrapped a little piece of floss around it) and a little Prima flower with bling, to the middle picture.


Unfortunately you cannot see the details too clear... but I can asure you that the invitations looked so cute all together.. and my sister loved them too happily.. Can't wait to hear what the receivers will say about it.. For me it sure was a fun little project to work on.. hehe..


You still have until tomorrow to play along for my little workshop, I'll pick a winner on Tuesday! I've seen so much fun cards passing by again today!! I'm so excited to see everybody's creations here!! Thanks for making my day!!!

XOXO
Nancy

35 comments:

Orion said...

Hi Nancy !
Thanks for your message on my blog and I am so *glad* you loved my card I made thanks to YOU...
The invitation cards you made are so wonderful : the idea og using one pic per month is really good : and the middle one is so coooool lol. Looks like she already as a winner attitude loool.
Have a good week.

***Orion***

Karina Beck said...

Ohhh, this is so adorable. TFS

Unknown said...

Those are just adorable!!! She is such a cutie patootie!

Anonymous said...

You did a fabulous job, the idea is great and the result wonderful.

M@ureen said...

Wow, these invitations are great!!!

Sarah said...

These are beautiful - such a clever idea.
Can't believe Demi is i year already!!

Have a good week

Sarah

Renata Moni said...

This is awesome! great idea for an invitation!!! I loved it!!!
Have a great week!

Laura Davis said...

Oh my goodness these are darling!!! What a good auntie you are:)
laura

Knutselfreak said...

Wat een leuke kaarten heb je gemaakt. Maar wat wil je met zo'n leuke en mooie fotomodel.
Groetjes, Selma

GREETJE said...

These invitations are wonderful.
Demi is so cute

Tamara said...

Oh, wat zijn die uitnodigingen gaaf zeg.
Ik weet zeker dat de ontvangers ze ook leuk zullen vinden kan toch niet anders.

vroumvroum said...

OMG! Those little cards are sooo cute! Ta soeur devait tellement être contente! J'en reviens pas comment le temps passe vite... Moi, je suis dans un down d'internet, de scrap et de digi scrap... Ça fait un bon bout de temps que ça dure.... J'espère retrouver le goût de scrapper sous peu.... Je vais tenter de visiter les blogs plus souvent, ça va peut-être me redonner le goût de scrapper...

Bon lundi et bisous,

Valérie xox

Margriet Tournier said...

Ik vind de uitnodiging GEWELDIG!

paulien710 said...

Oh gosh...... this is fabulous!!!!!
cute cute cute with all those lovely pictures!!!!!

rev said...

fab fab fab! you must have one proud sister. i love the 12 months pic, did that with both of my kiddo's too, and it's just so much fun to see. they never grow that fast again.

you are the sweetest,
hug
Rev

Anonymous said...

wow.. echt super gaaf zeg!!

Anonymous said...

ça c'est original, super idée !

Patty Tanúz said...

wowowow already a year??? is very cute the invitation!!!

**Nancy** said...

Awesome invitation, girl1!! Love it!! I can't believe it's been a year already! Wow!

Iris said...

ooh dit idee moet ik echt onthouden. Wat een ontzettend gaaf idee zeg! Echt een super mooi en leuk kaartje. Ik ben er echt helemaal weg van. Ons mannetje wordt over een tijdje ook 1... ;)

Monique Helfrich said...

Wat een geweldige uitnodigingen!!! En wat leuk om die ontwikkeling van Demi te zien! Je hebt weer zo veel moois gemaakt en dat tripje naar Parijs belooft zo te zien ook weer mooie layouts; wat hadden jullie mooi weer!

Regan said...

Just adorable!!

Anonymous said...

What a great idea. Love it!
Tisha

Anonymous said...

Oh The are wonderful Invitations Nancy..and what a Lovely keepsake too!!!
Have a lovely Evening:)~X~

Je@net said...

Oooh, wat een gave kaartjes, super joh!! En wordt die kleine meid nu al echt één jaar??!! Niet te geloven, wat gaat dat snel!
Nog een fijne week!

Wilma said...

Dat is echt een hele gave uitnodiging!!! Niet te geloven dat het al weer een jaar geleden is zeg!

Marinette-Scraptherapie said...

c'est fabuleux ce que tu as fait!! j'adooore et ta nièce est trop mignonne
bizzz
Marinette

Diane said...

Hi! Thanks for your sweet comments, really appreciated it! The invitations are awesome, your niece is such a cutie.

Ingrid said...

What a great invitation!! You did a wonderful job. And what a cute pics of Demi.

Fauve Design said...

wow wow wow that card is so cool!And 1 year already,time flies!

Ady said...

How are you? I haven't been on blog world in forever... This invitation is beautiful. Great idea. Can't wait to see your scrap space.

Anonymous said...

oh j'adore tes petites invitations! un projet original et créatif qui a du plaire à ses destinataires!
bizzzz
Luciexxxxx

*~SCRAP-GEK~* said...

oooooh helemaal gaaf joh!!! ik denk dat iedereen super blij zal zijn met het kaartje! ik vind hem helemaal super!!! en wat is ze gegroeid zeg! wauw! groetjes marije.

Kristin Fields said...

These invitations are sooooo cute!! How nice of you to do this for your sister. =)

Marsha said...

wat een leuke uitnodigingen heb je gemaakt voor Demi's 1e verjaardag ! Je zus zal er vast heel erg blij mee geweest zijn ;-)

Groetjes Marsha